Oops, it looks like this browser is no longer supported or has retired. For the best Ballantines.com experience we recommend upgrading to Microsoft Edge.
TRY THE EDGE BROWSER
This vanilla pairing combines with the natural notes of apple and liquorice present in the whisky, adding layers of complexity.
- 50ml Ballantine’s 21 Year Old
- 500ml Crème de Vanilla
- 500ml Water
- Ice Garnish: Small white orchid, ideally no larger than 2cm
How We Make It
- Place the white orchid facing upwards in the ice moulds before filling with water and freezing overnight.
- Create a flavoured liquid by adding crème de vanilla to water.
- Place the cubes in the liquid or pour the liquid over the cubes to submerge and place back in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Place a single ice cube in a tumbler glass and add 50ml of Ballantine’s 21 Year Old.
- Take your time to sip and savour. As the ice melts, it will accentuate the wonderful flavours of the whisky.
© Chivas Brothers International Limited. Please enjoy Ballantine’s responsibly. Please only share our posts with those who are of legal drinking age.