- 50ml Ballantine’s Finest Whisky
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- 25ml Dry Red Wine
- 2 Dashes Aromatic Bitters
- Egg Whites
- 1 Ripe Pear Chopped
- 250g White Sugar
- 250ml Water
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 Cloves
- Zest of 1/4 Lemon
HOW WE MAKE IT
- Frist, we make the spiced pear syrup. Add the copped pear, sugar, water, cinnamon, cloves & lemon to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool, strain and refrigerate. (The syrup will keep for 4 weeks once it’s refrigerated).
- Then, add all ingredients except the red wine to a shaker and dry shake without ice.
- Add ice to your shaker and shake again.
- Strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice.
- Gently pour the red wine over a spoon just above to drink to ﬂoat it on top of the cocktail.
- Turn up the Christmas tunes & enjoy!
There are no criteria setup. Please configure the reviews plugin for this post type.
Based on Ratings
Ballantine’s Christmas Cocktail
Move over Eggnog, see you later mulled wine… Bring in the festive season with a sweet and spicy whisky cocktail. We call it the Ballantine’s Christmas Cocktail, but it tastes just as good 365 days of the year.TRY IT HOT