Miso and whisky sticky toffee pudding Ingredients
- STICKY TOFFEE CAKE
- 250g Pitted dates
- 200ml boiling water
- 160g (split in half) vegan butter
- 200g (split into 120g and 80g) dark muscovado sugar
- 1tsp of Vanilla extract
- 1tsp of Bicarbonate of soda
- 1tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 200g Plain flour
- 2tsp Baking powder
- 100ml Plant milk
- WHISKY-INFUSED MISO CREAM
- 150ml Vegan cream
- 1tsp Miso paste
- 40ml Ballantines whisky
- Pinch of salt
- TO SERVE
- Vegan vanilla ice cream
How to make Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Start by soaking your pitted dates in boiling water (200ml).
- In a bowl, mix 80g of vegan butter, 120 g dark muscovado sugar and 1tsp of vanilla extract together.
- Once mixed, add in 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda and 1tbsp apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Add in 200g plain flour, 2tsp baking powder and 100ml plant milk (I used almond).
- Blend your dates with the water until smooth.
- Add to the mixture and combine.
- Bake for 30-40 mins or until cooked at 180c.
- Make your toffee sauce by combining 80g of dark muscovado sugar, 80g vegan butter and vegan single cream with your miso paste and Ballantines with a pinch of salt in a pan. Bring to boil and leave to cool.
- Poke holes in your pudding and pour over your sauce but save some for serving.
- Serve with vegan vanilla ice cream or cream and enjoy.
Check out our other sriracha sauce recipes
PAIR THIS RECIPE WITH ONE OF OUR WHISKY DRINKS
RZA Presents: Ballantine’s x Flying Goose
For this culinary collision RZA brings together the worlds of food and whisky to create the first ever Ballantine’s inspired Flying Goose sriracha hot sauce.discover more about the drop
Ballantine’s X RZA | A Stay True Lifestyle
We’re joining forces with hip hop legend RZA to release a series of limited-edition drops that celebrate staying true.check out more
There’s no wrong way to mixmix it up