For those in the know, a Rob Roy is simply a Manhattan made with Scotch. But also, it’s the shot of Ballantine’s 12 that makes it a true Scott legend.
- 50ml Ballantine’s 12
- 12.5ml dry vermouth
- 5ml cherry brandy liqueur
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Grapefruit twist
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Fill a coupette glass with ice and leave to one side.
- Grab a mixing glass and add your ice cubes, Ballantine’s 12, cherry brandy liqueur, dry vermouth, orange bitters and stir.
- Remove ice from the chilled coupette glass. Place a strainer over the mixing glass and pour.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist for a citrus zing.
Creamy with a honey-like sweetness Try it on the rocks or with a splash of soda Our master blender’s personal favourite A honey sweet blend of whiskies aged 12 years and overSee more