No need for an ice cream maker with this delicious frozen treat. And that’s a win in our books.
- 75ml Ballantine’s Finest
- 500g golden caster sugar
- 300ml lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Garnish with Maraschino cherries
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Dissolve sugar in a pan with 700ml water over a low heat, bring to a boil for about 2 minutes before leaving to cool completely
- Add lemon juice and Finest.
- Stir in egg white and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a loaf pan- the metal will conduct cold better than glass or plastic
- Freeze until sorbet is firm- about 6 hours
- Serve in a tumbler glass and garnish with Maraschino cherries.
Slightly sweet with a touch of vanilla Perfect for mixing to start the night The first ever Ballantine’s recipe Start the night with a Whisky that's stayed true to it's original recipe since 1910.See more