- 50ml Ballantine’s 21 Year Old
- Small white orchid - Ideally no larger than 2cm
- 500ml crème de vanilla
- 500ml water
HOW TO MAKE IT
For all of our ice, we use the dICE Cube Maker, which is widely available online. This will make 8 large, clear cubes.
- Place the white orchid facing upwards in the ice moulds before filling with water and freezing overnight.
- The next step is to infuse them in the flavoured liquid. Add 500ml crème de vanilla to 500ml water.
- Cubes can be placed in the liquid, or the liquid poured over the cubes, as long as they are submerged. This should then be placed back in the freezer for another 24 hours.
- Place a single ice cube in a tumbler glass and add 50ml of Ballantine’s 21 Year Old.
- Take your time to sip and savour. As the ice melts, it will accentuate the wonderful flavours of the whisky.
Intense and rich with a smooth spice. An indulgent drink for celebrating a special occasion. The rich, spiced flavour owes itself to the high proportion of Whiskies matured in European Oak casks. A warming blend of whiskies aged 21 years and over with an intense flavour that is truly impressive.See more